Want Straight Teeth without Traditional Braces? Here’s How to Go Wireless
At the mention of braces, most people run a mile. If you’re young, the benefits of a long-lasting straight smile just about outweigh any embarrassment spent wearing braces during teenage years – but not so much for adults. There’s never really a convenient time to have your smile wired up and let’s face it; it can make business meetings a little more difficult, eating out somewhat awkward and social occasions quite uncomfortable.
For these reasons, most adults simply put up with their less than perfect smile. But what if we told you it didn’t have to be this way? Let’s introduce you to the Invisalign brace system. It allows you to achieve a perfectly straight smile – but by being super discreet.
What exactly is Invisalign?
Invisalign does exactly what the name suggests – it aligns your teeth almost invisibly. In fact so much so, that unless you tell people you’re wearing aligners, the chances are no one will notice. The system works to straighten teeth by correcting any crowding, spacing, overbites or underbites through wearing a series of clear plastic (BPA free) aligners that are replaced at home every 10-14 days.
Here are some fast facts about the Invisalign brace system:
- Invisalign is currently provided in over 45 countries, treating approximately 2.5 million patients
- The aligners are completely removable but need to be worn for at least 22 hours a day
- The average length of treatment is one year
- 96% of patients are satisfied with their results after wearing Invisalign
- Invisalign was developed in 1997 by two University graduates from Stanford
So why choose Invisalign?
At Elegance Dental, we’ll be happy to help you weigh up the pros and cons of Invisalign treatment so that you can make an informed dental decision that’s right for you. In the meantime, here are three of the main advantages of choosing Invisalign:
- 1. It’s almost invisible – Invisalign is the number one choice for many patients because it means you can straighten your teeth in secret!
- It’s comfortable – traditional wire braces can easily cause abrasions to the soft tissues and make eating quite painful at times. While we can’t promise that Invisalign is completely pain-free (you’ll probably experience some mild discomfort to begin with) when compared with traditional wire braces, they are far easier to get used to.
- It’s removable – another great reason many of our patients choose Invisalign is that unlike fixed wire braces, each aligner is designed to be removable. This means you can easily take out your aligners, making eating meals or cleaning your teeth completely fuss-free!
It has to be said for anyone wanting a straighter smile, Invisalign offers cutting-edge technology that is a great alternative to any metallic misery that may be faced with traditional braces. So if you’d like to correct any oral insecurities you have with clear removable braces, why not come and have a chat with us here at Elegance Dental? Call us today to arrange your appointment.